Tuesday, June 11, 2013

While in the darkness......Focus on the light!

Good morning. I sat out on my back porch this morning with a big cup of coffee and my Bible and read for a while. I got to thinking about some people that have been in my life that are having a rough week. One of them lost their job yesterday and one with have their last day this Friday. Both are single parents and my heart is so heavy for them. The thought of being uncertain of what's around the corner is pretty scary. Kind of like when I was a teenager we would walk through a long train tunnel. We would enter into that dark train tunnel and have this feeling of not being sure if we would make it all the way through before the train came. I remember being in total darkness and when I finally saw the light from the exit I would know everything was going to be ok. I am writing this for those two people but, I would dare say there are many others that are struggling with something like this right now too. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God can show us........
 
Bible Verse: 1 John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
Ok, this is hard for us to understand when we are in the valley. The One who created the valley is there with us! He has prepared the way through the valley. It is not a permanent place, but a place that we must make our way through. Hey listen, He knows every twist and turn, every changing shadow, every pitfall! You have to believe and know that He is with you! He won't leave you nor forsake you.
Now, here comes the hard part. You have to focus on the light and not the darkness. God has made us to walk through shadows. When the shadow approaches, you must just keep walking. I remember when I was in Navy Diver School and the PT got so hard I wanted to just ring out and quit. I thought I couldn't go on. I just kept running and kept my eyes looking toward the horizon. We must remember the One greater than death is in us! He is ever present. His grace is greater. His peace is purer. His devotion is dearer. Satan is going to try and cast some major shadows on you right now. Remember Philippians 4:13 and call on the Lord for strength. Have a great day and God bless.


 


 

 

No comments: