Monday, June 24, 2013

Don't count yourself short........

Good morning everyone. Had a blast with the kiddo's last night catching fireflies and fellowshipping with some friends. Ok, I have some questions for you. Do you ever hit bumps in the road? Maybe even road blocks. Do you ever feel like you can't go on? I have talked to some folks over the last few weeks that have had a really rough road that they have been on. Some even thought that they were impassable. I know what I am about to say for some may feel a little empty but, I promise if you let the words sink in and live this way. Things will start changing or at least your outlook on the road  will change. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it can show us......

Bible Verse: Philippians 3:14"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Check this out! One of the #1 things that the devil wants to do or even would love to do is get you distracted or confused. He wants to get you off the course on which God has placed you. Know this, God has something He wants you to do and you had better not exchange the good for the best. Now, this is hard sometimes. We knuckle head humans don't always look at the big picture. Hey, I know I don't. I had to remember this quote. Don't question in the dark what God showed you in the light! Meaning if and when times get tough, don't throw in the towel. Now, in today's verse when it says "press toward the mark" it is looking ahead. Kind of like if you were running a race. You look at a distance or aim way ahead. I love this quote from a cool movie "Aim small......Miss small." We must keep our eyes on the prize. That prize is one day as a born again believer we will get to heaven. But, until we get there we have some work here on earth to do. Some Fatherly work.

My challenge to you today is to find out what God wants you to do and then stand your ground and refuse to be distracted by the devil. Just like Paul said, "This one thing I do!" Pray that God can show you what He wants of you. What He wants you to do. Then do it with all your strength and might for His glory, not your own! Don't count yourself short. Don't think that you can't do something. If you know in your mind and heart then don't let the world come in and distract you. I don't think the word "can't" is in Gods dictionary. Can't never did anything! Today you must say "I can" and "I will"! You can do this! You got this! Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: