Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let's not sugar coat.........


Good morning everyone! I have had a rough last couple of days. I have another kidney stone. So, the doctor gave me some meds and sent me home to hopefully pass it. That being said, I have had a ton of time to sit and think. Yesterday I was thinking about something and I would like to share it with you. Remember, I usually don't sugar coat things! Do you go to church? What kind of a member are you? Are you a member? If not, Why? Let's dig into some good stuff and see what it shows us.........

Bible Verse: Ezekiel 36:27-28 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.
First, I must tell you that I have been visiting a new church. Well, it is a church that I attended 5 years ago but, it is very new to me. See, it has changed a lot since I was there before. Ok, I have heard people say I don't believe in organized religion. Well, I agree I don't like religion myself. But, I love being a part of a body of believers. A small part of that is making a difference for God. Let me ask you this. What if there was a congregation in which every member was just like you. Each one helped and supported every church program just the way you have been doing. Everyone worked as hard and attended the same services and church stuff as you do. The leaders, helpers, and the preachers were all as interested in the church as you are at this time. They put the same emphasis on their recreation, business, and other material stuff that you do. Each member gave to the church as you are giving. Within a year or so, what would this congregation look like?

Hey listen, I have to be real with ya. This scares me for the future of the world. There are so many out there that need the church to be the church! We must remember we are the church. We are the body of believers. Let's take the church to a new level. Let's be difference makers. I pray you have a great day and God bless.

 

 









No comments: