Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cash and Cadillac's...........


 
Good morning friends. I got off work this morning and put some coffee on and sat on the back porch again today for a bit. I guess I have been trying to slow down some lately. Seems I am always on the go. I just sat there and listened to the birds singing like there was no tomorrow. I glanced up from reading and there stood three deer about ten feet past my fence. I watched them I saw peace in the way they walked and grazed in the yard. Like there was no care in the world but to fill their bellies. Let's talk about worries and storms today. The trials and tribulations. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God can show us together..........

Bible Verse: Psalm 107:23-30 "...see the works of the LORD, and His wonders in the deep. For He commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof...Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still...so He bringeth them unto their desired haven."
This might be hard to hear but, it is God who is the master of the winds and the waves. He is able to cause storms in life to come or to calm them. Our problem is that most think if we're in the will of God, we'll always sail smoothly on this sea of life. Really? We think we'll have no sickness, no sorrow, no disappointment, know no heartache. That there will be no problems in our family. Wait you've seen the guy's on TV say, "You just believe God and send me an offering of $100, and you'll never be sick. Everything will be fine." If that was the case I would send my $100 every week! Some call this "The Cash and Cadillacs Gospel". I've got a word for that "baloney!"

Here's the thing, we are going to have difficulty. And the first thing you can say when difficulty comes is that God's reigns is over it all. “Now God's plan is not to break you, God's plan is to enlarge you. To enlarge your faith. To get you to lean more on Him and less on yourself. In Psalm 4:1 God's Word say’s “Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress."
Alright, let's break this down barney style. If you have been a Christian for very long I have a question for you. When did you grow the most? When everything was fine? When there was smooth sailing? Or when the storms came? Did you not grow more in the storm, in distress, when you felt your ship was sinking? Did you look back later and see how God brought you through the storm or maybe provided refuge? Did you come out after the storm stronger than when you went in? Did the fires of affliction help purify you and little more? I pray that if you are in a storm right now or know you are going into one that you take refuge in the Lord and realize that He is your Hightower! Now, come out of this storm a stronger you! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: