Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What do we see???????


Good morning! Happy Wednesday! This morning I again was woke up by my neighbor’s dog barking at a little after 6am. As I lay in bed and got angrier and angrier, God laid some stuff on my heart and it worked. I woke up in a warm bed with a roof over my head. I have food in my cabinets. My children are sound asleep and healthy in their beds. I have a good job. I have some people in my life that truly love me. Yeah, sure my life has had some pretty crappy times here of late but, really! I guess what I am trying to say is that I was humbled right there in my bed! Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it can show us...........

Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

In 2 Corinthians 11:23-29 listen to how Paul describes some of his "light and momentary" troubles later in this same letter to the Christians in Corinth
"I have . . . been flogged . . . severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea."

"I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers."
"I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?"

I don't know what you are going through or have been through. But, think about Paul. I mean what kind of eternal glory could possibly outweigh troubles like that? I don't think our troubles are anywhere close. But, maybe they are. Hey, let me tell you something that I have realized lately. Sometimes the trials and troubles that we go through in life are for more than one reason. Maybe they are to open our eyes. Maybe they are to humble us. Maybe we go through them so that we will appreciate something good even more. That we will cherish the good times with all our hearts. Maybe so that we will see things differently. Maybe you can't travel the bridge of success without crossing the streets of failure. These are just a few of the things that are on my mind. 
Hey listen! I can truly say that I have thanked god lately for some of my hardships. I know that sounds totally crazy. Can you thank God that your troubles? Whatever they are, remember they only last for just a moment when compared with eternity in heaven. Try this make a quick list of some of your own light and momentary troubles. Now compare them with the "eternal glory" you will receive. Does that change your outlook on your problems? It sure did mine. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: