Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let's tread over them!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone. We are having VBS this week and a friend was telling me about this gentlemen that she met while out in the neighborhood inviting people last Wednesday. She told me this gentleman she talked to was telling her that his wife went to church but, he didn't anymore. He said people didn't accept him. Well, when I was pulling up I saw her with a huge smile and she was super excited. She said "He is here! He came with his kids!" Well, a little later I was able to talk to this man for a bit. He said that he moved down here 13 years ago and wants to move back to Illinois. He began to tell me about his life and how he can't get a job because of his tattoos and the way he looks. He told me that he didn't feel like a man because he wasn't able to support his family. He even told me that churches have not accepted him when he went. I must tell you that this gut punched me and also got me thinking about all the stuff going on with so many people around me in this area and the world. Job wise, life wise, relationship wise, family wise, and even friend wise. Just thought I would share it. I guess seeing and hearing so much going on around us. In our county, city, state, country, and across the globe. It burdens my heart to see so much despair and hardship going on. There is something I want to share with you. Just a verse from God's Word. Let's dig in and check it out.........
 
Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:27"For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He saith all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him."
 
I pray that this man comes back tonight. I am not done talking to him. We need to show him that we can see past the outside and that is what God does. I am not sure what is going on in your life or where you are spiritually but, maybe you need to read these words again. See, here's the thing. God has given us kingdom authority. Let me break it down for you a little more. In Luke 10:19 Jesus said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you". When problems get over your head, and you feel like you can't handle anything else. Remember they are under His feet.
 

The bottom line is, you need not be discouraged when troubles strike. I have had a hard time with that lately. This is really probably for just me and Bob (the man from last night) today. I sit here and think of the path my Savior has walked before me and for me. Dude, He has already won! He has won the victory for me and for you! Do me a favor. I read this once and thought it was cool and the real deal. Write down the hardest thing you have to deal with today or this week. Now, put that paper on the floor. Look down on it. Now you have a small glimpse of what God's sees from His point view. Concerning the problems in our lives. Let them be under our feet. Just a thought for today. Please pray that we can show Bob some more love today! I hope this finds you well. Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: