Thursday, June 6, 2013

Don't hit it!!!!!!!


Good morning! Had an awesome day yesterday with my kiddo's. We had a nice lunch, saw a cool movie, and finished the day off with church. Then came last night, I had a pretty sleepless night. My mind seemed to be in turmoil. It was going 100 mph and appeared out of control. I was up numerous times and just laid there in the dark. I would drift back off and then I was up again. I finally realized at 5:17am that I was thinking how I could solve my issues. Well, I must say I have talked a big game at times about relying on God and now look at me. These words kept popping into my head "Ye of little faith". I think sometimes things are supposed to be uncertain. If that wasn't the case, why would we need faith? Let's dig into a couple verses and let them sink in today.......

Bible Verse: Psalm 103:7 "He made known His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel."

Bible Verse: Psalm 37:7 "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him ..."

Ok, now check this out. Peter and James were both put in prison for preaching the gospel. But James had his head cut off while Peter was delivered miraculously out of the same prison. Did God love Peter more than he loved James? I'm sure you have seen someone else get out of something and another get caught right? Next, seems Peter again gets lucky. Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost. He stood up for the Lord Jesus Christ, and 3,000 souls were saved in Acts 2. But then poor Stephen preached, and he got 3,000 stones. They stoned him to death in Acts 7:59. What's up with that? Got your mind wondering?

If all you see are the works of God, you're going to be really confused.  If you don't have a deeper insight into the ways of God, you're going to be pushing the panic button all the time. Here is the bottom line. You will never be able to rest until you know God intimately and to know God intimately is the way to have inner peace. To know God intimately begins with two things. Time in His Word and time in prayer. You can know God intimately by direct dealing with God. Hey listen, talk to Him. Here comes some reality! You can also lose that inner peace if you aren't seeking Him actively. You can't know anyone that you don't spend time with. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: