Friday, April 20, 2012

It's time we break the chains!!!!!!!!


Good morning everyone. I know this is a little long today but, I want to share with you a comment from one of my friends on Facebook yesterday "A teenager can be the cruelest living thing on this planet. Just reading some of the FB comments alone makes my stomach turn and dread ever having to walk into RC High." Why are the kids/teenagers (most) the way they are these days? Who is responsible? Do we blame society? The school system? Our parents? I know there are some hard circumstances for some of the kids in this nation/world. But, a lot of the fault lays on us as parents. If we have a child, it is our responsibility to raise them up to be an asset to the world. It doesn't matter about where they are born or if they were born with a silver spoon. It is our duty as parents to raise our kids up to be better than we are. Where are manners anymore? Where are the young gentlemen? What happened to the young ladies? Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what God's Word has to say about it........

Bible Verse: Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Where is the discipline? As a parent it gets under my skin to ask my child ten times to do something. I know this might offend some but, here is a tonyism. You ask.....You tell.....You make! Why do our kids laugh in the face of authority these days? Because some don't realize what authority looks like. Or, feel they don't have to listen. I once arrested a young man in Harriman that was 17. When I asked him why he was being so disrespectful he said "I don't respect my parents. So, why should I respect you?" Hey guys don't think that the other youth don't see what's happening in the world. They see what is going on. They see and are losing hope. I see so many struggling kids too. Some that don't have parents. Some that are being raised by the system. Some that their parents just gave up on them. Some that their parents never even tried to have an influence in their lives. So many that feel they have no hope.

It pains me to deal with so many teenagers that feel they have no hope. They feel they are trash and no one loves them. I think it is our responsibility as adults to help the helpless and give hope to the hopeless. I had a lot of youth one night and nine of them live in a home with both parents. It is hard enough with both but, I can't imagine with only one. Well, yes I can. My mom raised me. My hat goes off to the single parents that actually care the outcome of their children. I deal with so many that just want them out of their hair. It takes a community or to go even as far to say a church community to raise kids. We need to be seeking God’s grace, praying for wisdom and guidance, and passing on the lessons of personal responsibility to our kids. We need to be men and women of courage.  They need positive role models. Not everything they see on TV. We need to pray and take a stand for the youth of our area. Heck, our nation!

Here are just some of the lyrics of a Casting Crowns song "Courageous" I think it hits the mark!

we were made to be courageous
we were made to lead the way
we could be the generation
that finally breaks the chains
we were made to be courageous
we were made to be courageous
we were warriors on the front lines
standing, unafraid
but now we’re watchers on the sidelines
while our families slip away
where are you, men of courage?
you were made for so much more
let the pounding of our hearts cry
we will serve the lord
we were made to be courageous
and we’re taking back the fight!

Let's get to work! Not just for our kids, for a nation! A world! Have a great day and God bless.


No comments: