Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Don't count yourself out!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone. I was really struggling this morning on how to convey todays devotion. I have been watching and listening to a lot of people this week and seeing how they think of themselves. Why do so many people feel they have nothing to offer the world? Nothing to offer God? They feel that they are useless and no good. I have even heard a few say they might as well be dead. HEAR the next words! God can use those whom the world rejects! Now, let's dig in and see what His Word says about it..........

Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

 

You may think that you are a nobody, maybe even a has-been or a loser in the eyes of the world. Listen, God’s Word says that if you are not wise, not mighty or not noble according to the flesh, then you are a prime candidate for Him to call on! And when He begins to use you, you will see His favor, power and increase change your life. Check out Moses. In the eyes of the ancient world, Moses was the rising star of Egypt. The Bible tells us in Acts 7:22 that in the first 40 years of his life, “Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds”. But guess what? God could not use him then because he was too smart, strong and full of himself. It was only 40 years later, after having been in the desert, emptied of himself and thinking that he was a has-been, that God sent him to bewilder the might of Pharaoh.

This kind of reminds me of me a little. When I was a police officer, I was cocky, proud, and thought I could save the world from all the bad guys. I could have been so useful to God then. I was in so many situations that I could have helped people see that God could get them through the bad situation they were in. But, guess what? God didn't use me then. Because I wasn't ready. I was too proud. I was too cocky. I was too full of myself. It took almost a decade for me to get knocked down a few pegs before God started to use me. I so wish I could go back and be put into some of the situations that I was in then and handle them the way God would have wanted me to handle them. So, basically what I am trying to say is God wants the humble! God wants the weak!  God wants the people everyone has counted out!

The world may pass by the weak, the small, the forgotten and the losers, but God can choose them to be mighty in the world. I don't know where you are in your life right now but, how about we pray this: "God, I don’t know what I can do for or give You, but You got me! Spirit, soul and body.” Maybe God is just waiting for you to turn your life over to Him so He can get to work!

I know what I was and where I came from. I know what God has done in my life and what He continues to do. Please hear these last few words. When you think that you are weak and small compared to others in the world, that is when God can use you to do great and wonderful things for Him! Remember David and Goliath????? Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: