Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In a world of trouble and turmoil........

Good morning guys and gals. I got home from work this morning at about 6:30am and crashed. I woke up at approx. 09:30am soaking wet with sweat from having awful dreams about the world we live in. It was like I was being force fed news of all kinds. Kind of like sitting in front of a huge TV and the stuff was going by real fast. When I awoke, I was scared out of my mind because the last thing I saw was numerous tornadoes all around me. I jumped up and was worried for my family. Only to realize I was dreaming and they were at work and school. What is going on in the world? Have you stopped to look? Do you care? If it doesn't directly affect you. Let's be honest. Sometimes things slip my mind. I forget about all the men and women fighting for freedom and against terrorist in the middle east. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us........

Bible Verse: John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me."

I really think for the first time in history, man is afraid of what he knows. His head and his hands have outrun his heart and we are being faced with things that we have no answers for. The plague of AIDS, the volatile tinderbox in the Middle East, the outbreaks of famine and hunger, the irregular weather disturbances everywhere (6.7 magnitude earthquake in Chile, Numerous tornadoes rip across the Mid-west and kill many and destroy so much, etc.), A terrorist tries to bomb the New York subway, 11 Secret Service agent get caught hiring prostitutes, Iran test long range missile, a man drowns after being attacked by swans and much more.

So many people just don't have answers for everything that is happening. You don't have to have answers you don't have to throw your hands up and say, "What is the world coming to?" We can look up and say, "Who is the world coming to? I am not a doom and gloom pastor but, God is not getting out attention. We are so caught up in ourselves and our lives. That we don't see what's before us. We don't see evilness creeping ever so quickly across the world. We need to come together, we need to realize and believe what God's Word says in Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. I hope this devotion today helps you stop and think about things for just a minute. I realized that I need to re-prioritize some of my life and decisions. Have a great day and God bless

No comments: