Monday, April 9, 2012

Don't miss your blessing........

Good morning friends! I pray you had a blessed Easter weekend. When I sit back and think about the tomb being empty it just makes me smile and think "I am going to get to see Jesus one day!" I must tell you a story about my daughter and son and a play they were doing at the house the other day. Their play was about telling people about Jesus. My daughter would talk about what Jesus did for us and that you come to church to learn more about God and make new friends. Then she said and here's my card with the web address and directions on the back. I think she has been listening to me too much. But, I guess what is awesome about the whole thing is that she actually invites all of her friends to the party! I must ask you. Do you invite people to the party? To church? To hear God's Word. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God can show us...........

Bible verse: Psalm 119:2 "Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart."

I have heard people say that they would get in church one day but, they couldn't right now. They had too many things they wanted to do. Or they were doing things that they weren't ready to give up that they knew were wrong. They believed that if they lived according to God's laws that they were going to miss out on all the fun things in life. Or the things they thought were fun. Man, I must say that when I finally got my hind end into church. Things got better not worse. Boy, isn't that statement missing the mark. Sure, we might have to give up doing certain things, going certain places, being around certain people. But, when we are stronger God may put us right back into those certain places to be a witness. I am not going to pull the wool over your eyes and tell you everything has been a bowl of skittles but, my life is better now than it was before I was following Jesus Christ. Now check this out. I believe the truth is that if we don't live in according to God's laws, then we are going to miss out! Hey guy's, God didn't write these laws for His benefit. He wrote them for ours. God is not this dictator sitting on the throne saying let's see what kind of laws we can make to make their lives harder. God loves us and wants the best for us. I read once that every time God says "Thou shall not," God is simply saying, "Don't hurt yourself." And then whenever God says "Thou shalt," God is saying, "Help yourself to happiness." We should all remember that God has something special for us. We just have to pay attention to Him, so He can show it to us. Let's clear our hearts today and seek Him with everything. Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: