Thursday, March 4, 2010

Working together for good.........

Good morning everyone. I sat in church last night and listened to all the prayer requests and thought to myself about all the sickness, job loss, injuries, tragedies, loss of friends or family members, and so many other things. That got me thinking about this scripture. I know we don't always see what is going on ahead. What we see is what is right in front of us. Not what is a mile down the road. So, let's dig into some of God's good stuff.

Bible Verse: Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

I personally have had so much happen in the last year. A lot of discouragement, illness, just things happening in my families life that I don't understand. But, I must try to look ahead and see that God can and will work things to His glory. He is not working everything to make us happy all the times. He is working these things out to fulfill His purpose. I beat my head against the wall sometimes wondering "God, really how can this benifit anyone?" Then I have to remind myself that I will not understand everything that He does. I read this story some time ago and it is so prevalent to today's devotion. This story is about a farmer who had a big brush pile of debris that he was going to burn. He noticed that a little bird had built a nest in that brush pile, so he destroyed the nest. When he came back days later, he found the bird rebuilding the nest. The farmer destroyed the nest again. But the bird built again, and again the farmer destroyed it. Finally, the little bird gave up. I can just imagine that little bird going home and saying to his family, "I just don't know why all our good plans of building a home are not working." Well, there was an unseen hand that was doing something that the bird may have thought was bad, but was really good.

When we read Romans 8:28. I want you to notice the verse is not saying that all things are good. All things are not good; there are some terrible things in this world. But in the midst of it, for those who are surrendered to Him, those who serve Him, He is working those things together for our good. I know that seems hard to believe but, I know it's true. We have to be patient, pray, and study to show ourselves approved. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: