Friday, March 26, 2010

Tools of the Enemy.....

Good morning everyone! We had a great meeting last night with various churches that will be attending Crusaders for Christ on April 3rd. We went over logistics for the event and shared encouragement with each other. I have been totally blessed just being a small part of the crusade. I can't wait until the day of! I talked about our advisary last night and for us to be in prayer for the event. I want us to look at satan for who he is. He a liar, a discourager, a thief, and a provoker. Let's see him for who he really is today and dig into some of the good stuff that will help encourage us.

Bible verse: Psalm 25:15 "My eyes are ever toward you Lord, For you shall pluck my feet out of the net.

I read a story about the devil. See, the devil was needing a little cash because he was going on vacation to Las Vegas. So, he thought he would auction off some of his tools. Well, he had a high price on pride, laziness, arrogance,hate, envy, and jealousy. But, he had one tool that had a sign under it "NOT FOR SALE." Someone said "What is that tool and why isn't it for sale like the others?" "Well," he said, "I can't afford to get rid of that one. It's my #1 tool, discouragement. With this that bad boy, I can pry open a heart and let me tell you, once I get in I can do most anything I want." Do you want me to tell you why we get discouraged? I'll give it to you in straight, we've taken your eyes off God! It can happen to anyone. Hey guys, I think discouragement used to be my middle name. But, I was sitting here thinking when the last time I felt discouraged, It has been a while. But, it has happened and I might even be discouraged today or tomorrow. But, if we keep our eyes on Jesus, He will strengthen us. Have you been discouraged lately? If not, Stop and praise God! And find someone who is or has been lately, it won't be hard. Find them and give them the encouragement they need in Jesus Christ, it might not even have to be anything major. Maybe just a hug to let them know someone cares. Maybe it's your next-door neighbor. Maybe it's a co-worker. Maybe it's your spouse. Take the time to care. Remember, someone cares for you. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: