Thursday, March 25, 2010

One Heart.....One Soul........

Good morning everyone. I really struggled with sleep last night. An hour and a half before I was supposed to get up at 4 am my eyes were opened. I don't know why at 2:38 am I awoke, but could not sleep. So, thought I would just get up and study a bit. Rather than toss and turn for over an hour. I have a question this morning. Who are we? Who are you? When we come together are we up lifters? Or, are we deflater's? Are we encourager's? Or, are we joy stealer's? Let's dig into the good stuff and look into this a little more.

Bible verse: Acts 2:44-45 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone needed.

Do we see other believers as our brothers and sisters? What would you give your brother or sister if they needed something? I know that I would give my little sister anything. I do my best to help guide her and mentor her. If she is hurting and in need I am there for her. As brothers and sisters in Christ we should share all we have. Guy's, this isn't just referring to just money. It is referring to love, a helping hand, wisdom, knowledge, caring, and pretty much anything we have. We can't just think of our interests. We have to think of others. Sometimes we don't think about it but, God's family works best when its members work together. Let's look at another verse in Acts. It is Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul: neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.

I guess my question is what are we doing to help other believers? Are we helping them grow? Are we disciplining? Are we teaching? Are we helping to guide them down the right path? Are we fellowshiping together or are we doing our own thing? These are questions that I had to ask myself and examine my walk and life. I know that there are somethings that I need to change in my life to better help other believers. Is there anything in your life that needs examining? Remember, we should examine ourselves regularly and work towards one heart and one soul. Well, I pray you have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: