Friday, March 19, 2010

Are you a Procrastinator?????

Hello Everyone! It is Friday. The weekend is here! A breath of fresh air for so many. I am going to tell something on myself today.....Yes, I am confessing. I am a procrastinator. When it comes to stuff around the house. I constantly tell Misty "Yeah, I will get that done or I will do it later." Guess what? I forget and sometimes things go a long time before getting done. What is my excuse? Procrastination! Let's look into this a little by digging into the good stuff.

Bible Verse: James 4:17 - "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

Are you one of those people who believes "Put off until tomorrow what you could be doing today"? This is one of those times when the fingers are really pointing back at me outnumber the one that's pointing to you! Seriously, I am a big procrastinator. Did you know that procrastination is a sin? I say that because sin is not merely doing wrong, it is failing to do what you ought to do. Procrastination and disobedience are just different shades of the same sin. I heard a quote once that said "When you have a job to do, begin this very hour. You supply the will, God supplies the power." That is the will power we need to instantly obey! Sometimes it's the getting started that's so hard. Will power. James tells us that not only is doing wrong a sin but, not doing right is also. We know it's a sin to lie but, it is also a sin to know the truth and not tell it. Boy, this is a hard one isn't it. You say "I don't want to get anyone in trouble" "I am just going to keep my mouth shut!" This doing right stuff is so hard sometimes isn't it?

I have to tell you this. I have been procrastinating painting our garage for 3 years. Yes, I said 3 years. And it looks awful not to mention some of the wood is exposed. Well, we are painting it starting today and going to finish tomorrow. It has been hovering over my head for a long time. It has been hounding me! Has a certain task been hounding you? Confess your procrastination as sin. And act now. Don't hesitate. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow may never come. Today is the day! Try to have a good one, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: