Monday, March 1, 2010

Forgiveness........

Good morning everyone. I pray everyone had a blessed weekend. Ours was awesome! We had two young ladies accept Christ as their Savior last night! All the glory goes to God. We truly have an awesome group of youth. I thank God for allowing me to be just a small part of His work. I talk to the youth last night a little about forgiveness. See, God forgives all of our iniquities if we ask Him and confess them to Him. Then they are covered with the blood of Jesus. That brings us to some of the good stuff. Let's dig in.

Bible Verse: Romans 4:7 "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered."

Are you in chains? Are your past sins keeping you in bondage? Have you done such bad things that you feel you can't be forgiven? Listen, God can and will forgive you! That is a promise that He gave us. Let's be honest with God and call them out one by one. They seem to lose power over us when we are honest about them. I heard this story and want to share it with you. There was a king who asked slaves on a ship, "Why are you in chains?" One replied, "I don't know. I was in a crowd when a crime was committed. I am innocent." He asked another who said, "I am not guilty, but am a victim of false witnesses." The king proceeded to ask each man the same question and each had a reason why he was innocent. That is, until one man responded, "I am here because I deserve to be here. I have sinned against my God and against my king. And now I am paying the penalty." The king stepped back and said, "What are you doing here among so many honest men? Guards, release him!"

Not until we admit our sin are we going to know the mercy and the forgiveness of the King. Confess them before Him today and admit you are lost without Him. Let's be free today of our bondage. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: