Monday, March 29, 2010

Let be humble.......

Good morning everyone! Boy, we had an awesome night last night at youth. We watched a movie called "The Cross" it is a story of the life of Arthur Blessitt. Arthur is a man that has carried a cross across every continent. It was a story of his life doing it. Truly, humbling story! I pray that I can be used by God in a fraction of the way that he was. I actually saw him in 1999 in Harriman, TN. He was carrying his cross 12 foot long through Harriman. I have never forgot that. Last night I sat and watched a humble man tell his story about how Jesus has used him. Well, let's dig into the good stuff on that subject.

Bible verse: James 4:10 Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

I have always heard that we Christians have to have humility. In the past I really didn't know what this humility thing was all about. If anyone knew Tony Ruff as a policeman, they would say that I was a very proud person. Maybe some would even say "Cocky" Guy's my pride caused most of my problems. I was so proud most of the time, that I would not admit when I was wrong. I would fight till the end of time. How sad is that? I would do all sorts of extra work for the pride that came with it. I would strive to win awards and make these awesome arrests out of pride and recognition. I had very little, if any humility. After failing so many times to fix my problems. I finally gave control over to God. I know your saying, what? You actually gave over control. Tony Ruff, the controlling and proud (Cocky) cop. Yup, I did. The weight lifted off my shoulders was almost immediately. God started helping me with my life. He started helping me to become humble. It is hard to go from being a selfish, prideful, controlling person to being a selfless, humble, loving person. But, with God by my side the impossible is possible. See, God is in the saving and shaping business! God is not done working on me but, He and I have come a long way. Listen to have true humility is not us thinking bad or negative about ourselves. It is us agreeing with what God sees and says about us. It is by God's grace that a person will be exalted but without inflating him or her. If we can realize that, we are the people we are because of Christ. We have come a long way. You know I sometimes have this question and I know others do too. It's about sin. I am not sinless. I still sin. How can I be a Christian and still sin. Duh...we are not going to be sinless. God tells us that. It is how we deal with that sin. How we deal with it will bring us closer to God, if we deal with it correctly. And we can become closer to being free of the control of sin. Not sinless, blameless! When we are prayed up and have confessed all, we can be blameless. 1 Peter 5:6 also says "Therefore humble yourselves under the Mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." We should think about this and do our best to live by these words. Thanks for you time and God bless. I hope the book of James blesses you as it does me. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: