Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are you a Chia Pet........

What's going on everyone? I hope all had a fabulous Tuesday. Mine was great. Had a good morning, went to lunch with a soul warrior for a little Mexican food, and detailed Misty's van for her. Yes, you may say I was sucking up. Well, maybe a little. I have a question for you. Are you a Chia pet? Read on. I want to touch a little more on yesterday's subject. But, from another scripture. Let's dig into the good stuff.

Bible Verse: Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."

I know a lot of people say I don't have any other gods in front of God. But, if we step back and examine ourselves and our lives. We may realize that sometimes we might. Do we have our quiet time with God? Do we love baseball, football, or basketball so much that we will skip church to go to a game? Does all the stuff in our lives become idols? What is an idol and how does it come to be? An idol is created when a man or woman takes his own ideas or pleasures and begins to worship that. What he is really worshiping is himself. You may say, "Well, I'm not guilty of idolatry." Let's just see. Is there anything you love more than God? Is there anything you fear more than God? Is there anything you serve more than God? Is there anything you trust more than God? Am I getting warm? Maybe red hot? You say, "Well, I give God a place in my life." Or you say, "I give God His time." God doesn't want a place in your life. Then, you say, "Well, I give God the majority of my life." God doesn't just want the majority of your life. God demands to be above all others in your life. He will take nothing less. A question for you?

Is there anyone or anything in your life that takes precedence over God? Confess it and repent of it. Now, put on the full power of God and let Him be above all in your life and watch how it changes! You'll be like a chia pet smeared with seeds and you'll grow! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: