Tuesday, March 31, 2015

God Goggles???????

Good morning! I must say that the last week has been one for the record books for us! I don't think I have ever been more drained and tired, yet I seemed to keep going until last night when I finally crashed super hard (Even drooled on my pillow). I have seen God do some amazing things over the past few weeks or so. When the things first started happening, I was like "Man, we sure are pretty lucky!" Then, as things kept happening and lining up. It started getting clearer and clearer that it was all God! At the start, I was trying to help things along, guide them the way "I" thought they should go. Boy, was I ever dumb to try and stand in His way or even mold them to my way. His plans for us were so much bigger and better than I ever could have dreamed. I mean HUGE!!! Our problem sometimes is us, or maybe what we think others might say if they aren't seeing things with their God goggles on! Maybe we all need a really good pair of night vision God goggles! Let's dig into the good stuff and see what we can find......... 

Bible Verse: Psalm 37:3 Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.

This word "trust" is an interesting word. Its root is from the word that means "to lie face down on the ground." The idea is that a person is totally helpless. He has been laid down and has nothing to stand upon. Some would say his feet have gone out from under him. To truly trust we have to not lean on our own understanding. This is the place where God wants to bring us! Where we are focused on Him and are fully trusting Him! As a matter of fact, did you know that God will sometimes demolish your plans out from beneath you so that you might learn to trust Him? Yep, that happened to me! I have all these grand plans to stay comfortable and go the easy route. When Gods route was definitely a harder one, a more difficult road, but at the end, so much better. What it all comes down to is faith, faith is no longer an option or a luxury, it is a necessity. To the world your situation looks crazy, but that is right where God wants to show Himself powerful in your life. Is there an area in your life today for which you must trust God completely? Perhaps you need some "face time". . .face down on the ground before the Lord. Bring that issue before Him in total surrender. Give it to Him and then trust Him when He tells/shows you what His plan/road is! Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: