Monday, January 11, 2016

Stay the course and remember your anchor...........

Good morning! I know I have been gone for awhile. I sat in our Veterans Outreach Small Group last night and was sharing about the devotion that I used to share. Well, I am unable share that devotion anymore and it got me thinking. I used to take the time and write my devotions and even had this blog. Who know’s, maybe its just for me, for me put my thoughts down, or maybe someone else is dealing with the same kind of things. Not all the things I write are about my life. Some are things friends share or struggles I know someone else is dealing with, but they are pretty much all problems that we all have at one point or another. So, I am going to try and start writing again. Hope you guys like them and if so, pass them along or not. I do take constructive criticism too! My wife might disagree, but I try! 

Bible Verse: Hebrews 6:19-20“…which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast…even Jesus."

So, how is your new year going so far? Going as planned? Have you hit some tough times already? We went on a cruise for Christmas and spent some amazing days out to sea. It brought back memories of my Navy days. What was cool in my eyes, probably wasn’t in many others. See, you could go to sleep and the sea be totally calm, and you could wake up and it be totally rough with a pretty good sea state. Alright, let’s dig into some of the good stuff. The New Year is like the ocean. There are going to be rough winds and waves at times. Heck, we’ll meet ships we never knew and we’ll have all kinds of opportunities as we travel into an uncharted time in our lives. The problem is that we can sometimes lose sight of where we are going and get caught up in the rough waters and storms of life, we must be careful that we do not drift into the narrow shoals or jagged rocks. We must keep our course going true and even at times alter our course to avoid terrible storms ahead.

The worst thing that could happen to us this coming year is that we just let this year happen to us rather than charting a course and going where God has planned for us. More than likely, you won’t decide to drift or get off course. It’ll just happen. You’ll be sailing along at a good clip, and then before you know it you’re off course and heading toward troubled waters or a rocky shore . . that can totally happen unless you have an anchor. I think we totally forget about our anchor and try and sail the seas on our own! Because we are prideful beasts! Yes, I am guilty of being prideful. Don’t tell anyone though!

Can you do me a favor? Take a few minutes to look on this past year. What were some things you did right... what were some things you would do differently this next year? Lets dare to be different and so much better than we were last year!

No comments: