Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Just a little chiseling.......

Good afternoon! I spent my study time this morning looking at why certain things happen. I mean, why sometimes a Christian is treated different. I know people at my workplace that might say and share that they are Christians with someone they know is a Christian, but when it comes to being open in front of others that might not be, they are closed lipped. Maybe because they don't wish to be persecuted or maybe because they don't want to be held to a higher standard. I am not sure. Heck, maybe for some totally different reasons. Funny thing is, we think persecution is being treated a little different. Try reading "Jesus Freak" and then let's redefine the term "persecuted" a little or a lot! My studies brought me to this verse today and made me sit back and ponder a bit. Let's dig into the good stuff...... 

Bible Verse: John 15:1-2 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He [a]prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
Check this out,  when Solomon built his temple, he employed eighty thousand stonecutters. They chipped and shaped those stones in the quarry before bringing them to the temple mount. Why? Because Solomon didn't want the sound of the hammers and chisels heard on the temple mount. Kinda sounds crazy doesn't it? In the same way, we are part of the living stones of Gods temple and God is shaping us here in the "quarry" of earth. I really think that part of our shaping might be in the form of persecution or maybe hard times. Maybe, the loss of a loved one, job loss, divorce, or maybe even ridicule. So, don't look at your persecutors or the hard times as the enemy, but really as God's stonecutters.

Next time someone comes at you, say "Thank God, another stonecutter." God is shaping us to be what we ought to be. How about we let Him and rejoice in what is to come! I pray you have a great day and God bless!

No comments: