Friday, March 20, 2015

Let's be some iron.........

Good morning! Have you ever sat back and looked at your friends? Or maybe the people that you hang around the most. Are those people instrumental in your life? Do they have influence on you and/or your decisions? Let's be real, is the advice they give you their advice or godly advice? I have called "my" advice, "Tonyism's" in the past. I think we all get can't up in giving our thoughts and not what God would say about the matter. Let's dig into the good stuff and see one of my favorite verses..........

Bible Verse: Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

True friends will put an edge on your life. They will make you a sharper person. I want to become a razor sharp ninja sword! But, reality is, not all my friends do that for me, but my close friends do. Have you ever had a friend who cares for you so much that they would even hurt you in order to help you? Tell you something that you really don't want to hear? Maybe even tell you that your in the wrong? Proverbs 27:6 says, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." What truer words of love can be spoken than from the heart of a friend who is going to spend an eternity with you? Even if those words hurt, they are words that will heal. I have been blessed with a new partner at work. We started out unsure of one another but, I guess when you spend 12 hours a day with someone you get to know them real quick. I will say that God has blessed me with a solid Christian friend and I look forward to how he will use us to sharpen each other! God knows what we need and when we need it! Do you have a friend who sharpens you? It will only take you a moment to send that friend an encouraging text or a quick phone call. Do it
today. Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: