Sunday, March 22, 2015

HOPE..........

Good Sunday morning to ya! I pray you have had a great weekend so far. Yesterday was entertaining for me. My six year old Luke, had his first baseball practice! I have been smiling all day about some things he and his best friend say. After Luke's first team meeting this week, he said "I really don't want no woman on my team!" So, after their first practice yesterday, the young lady comes out and throws super hard, runs like the wind, and hustles like a major leaguer! Well, the conversation tonight in Luke's room with Cooper Queener, Luke's best friend that was spending the night, says it all! Cooper say's 'She's like a man! I mean she throws and runs like a boy but, she's a girl!" I had to leave the room before a busted out laughing. I think this young lady is going to spur these boys to hustle a lot more this season. It's funny how Luke and Cooper's expectations were that she wasn't going to be good. Boy did they have to eat some humble pie! And believe me we used this to learn a lesson. Both of the boys have a different opinion of girls playing sports with boys now. let dig into the good stuff and see what we can find.......

Bible Verse: Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 

What are expectations? What are some of the things you expect? A paycheck at the end of the work week? Your electricity to be on when you get home? Your car to start? The sun to come up in the morning? To be treated kindly? To be loved?

Now, what happens when time after time your expectations aren't met? Do you become pessimistic? Or maybe a even negative Nancy? We should really think about the above verse and really let it sink in! If we truly believe it then we should realize that God is with us, will protect us, and is in control! We should have HOPE! Hope for today. Hope for tomorrow. hope for our relationships. Hope for our families, Hope for our jobs. Hope for our happiness. Hope for our usefulness. Hope for our needs to be met. Hope for our lives making a difference. Hope for spending eternity in Heaven with Jesus! We should and must have HOPE! 

Now, how many times have you heard..... Don't get your hopes up! Or, don't expect too much! To some it seems life is just one disappointment after another. I guess we just have to get used to it. This is wrong on so many levels! We must change our way of thinking. HOPE is a good thing! here's the thing, the more we walk with Jesus and spend time in His Word.... The more we should HOPE! Our outlook should be one of HOPE! God made us resilient with the ability to bounce back from disappointment. Let's not let disappointment shape us into something we are not supposed to be! Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: