Sunday, December 15, 2013

The greatest event.............

Hello everyone. I have been sitting here today in a quiet house having some really good alone time. I guess reflecting time! I sat and thought about the sermon today at church and what Christmas is. I guess what Christmas has become. See, I had lost focus on what it is really about. I got to thinking about what I was going to be able to get my kids and family for Christmas. I guess today was needed to regain my focus. We get so caught up in the presents and the meals that we forget about that baby being born. With the weight of the world soon to be on his shoulders. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us.........

Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Ok, now this was written 700 years before the first Christmas. Isaiah wrote these words about the coming Savior. That's pretty crazy isn't it? 

Now, check this out! Some years ago, you may remember when man first stepped onto the moon. The President of the United States said, "The planting of human feet upon the moon is the greatest event in human history." Everyone got so caught up in that and really believed it. Now, in my humble opinion the greatest event in human history was not stepping on the moon but when God came to Earth and planted His feet here. Let's think about that for a sec. God stepped out of heaven, Heaven! Into this world. This awful world! He put His feet upon this earth. And that is the greatest event in human history! Let's think about that for a bit and reflect on what Christmas really is and means to us. Have a great night and God bless.

No comments: