Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Talk about some earnest money..........

This Christmas season I have really been thinking a lot. I guess self reflecting, examining, dreaming, learning, and even making some decisions. A friend of mine looked at a house yesterday and she was telling me about it. I guess it got me thinking about when you want something, what you do to show that you really mean it. That your serious. Stay with me...... Let's dig into the good stuff and see what we can learn......

Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 1:22 "Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

Your probably wondering what this verse has to do with buying a house. I mean what does this mean, that God has given us the "earnest of the Spirit in our hearts"? When someone intends to buy something they can't afford to purchase at that moment, they can put down "earnest" money. The greater the down payment, the greater the indication that full payment will be made. Following me? Most people have probably already done this at some point. For instance, if you're selling your home for $100,000 and a prospective buyer gives you $5, you probably won't look for that person to come back. But if he gives you $50,000, he means business, and you know he's coming back!

I guess we could say that God has given us a down payment of the Spirit. Do you think God is going to forfeit His Holy Spirit? Not a chance! Really God's earnest money was Jesus Christ! Wow, now that's a down payment! God is not going to forsake you! He has too much invested in you! Now, isn't that some good news. If this doesn't put a smile on your face then you better check your pulse. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: