Monday, December 23, 2013

Wise men still seek Him............

Hey there! Hope you had a great weekend. Last night my little sister asked me to go out to eat and I ended up going to Walmart with her for some reason. In our conversation last night we started talking about pursuing. That made me thing of yesterdays sermon from my pastor. It was from Matthew 2. I read on a little further last night and started thinking about the pursuit. The pursuit of Christ. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us.........

Bible Verse: Matthew 2:11 "And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary, His mother, and fell down, and worshipped Him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto Him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh."

Ok, here's the deal real wise men seek the Lord. I asked my self last night, was I seeking the Lord? Do you seek the Lord? Is that the burning ambition of your heart and life? You probably saying, "Well, I come to church." I'm not talking about that. Think about these men from the east. Do you know where "the east" was? They're talking about Babylon. Three hundred miles across Syrian Desert, distance and difficulty. I did say desert!

Now, think about the Christmas cards you see and the pictures of them coming on camels. I don't know how they came, but I know how they didn't come...by airplane, bus, automobile, or motorcycle. I know where they didn't stay. They didn't stay in the Holiday Inn. No one left the light on for them!

And on top of that, they came in spite of danger. It was the time of King Herod and he was insane with jealousy and rage, who had had his own wife and three sons wacked! Yeah, I said wacked. Soprano style! These men in the face of that danger said, "We have come to seek Jesus Christ." Wise men will seek Him in spite of distance, danger and difficulty. I only wish I could be that wise!

Wise men who seek Him will see Him. When they came into the house, they fell down and worshipped Him. It's worth seeking Him because, friend, when you seek Him, you will see Him. "Ye shall seek Me and find Me when ye shall search for Me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13) They searched, found Him and saw Him.

I guess the bottom line is, do we have a desire to know Him? To love Him? To serve Him? Do we find something drawing us to God? That my friend, is Someone. He's the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful for The Holy Spirit. Have a great day and God bless!

No comments: