Monday, December 16, 2013

Can you say "Yes" to Jesus but "No" to the Church????????

Hello everyone! I was talking to a guy at the pilot today while getting a drink and next thing you know we are in a 20 minute conversation about everything he was going through. I was in a hurry but, I realized that I needed to stop and listen to what this guy had to say. Our conversation turned a corner when he started to talk about Christmas and not having anything for Christmas for his kids and being very depressed. Well, we talked for a long time and I invited him to church with me Sunday. Not as a fix all but, as a help focus day. His next comment brought up the reason for this devotion. He told me that he was a Christian but, didn't need church. He was fine on his own. This hurts me so bad when I hear people say this. I know that some of us have been hurt severely by the church but, that doesn't mean that you quit going and here is why! Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it shows us.............

Bible Verse: Ephesians 5:29-30 "For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones."

Ok, let's cut through all the bull! So many believers think they don't have to go to church. They say yes to Jesus, but no to the church. Now, this happens for many reasons. But if you love God, you will love Jesus. And if you love Jesus, you will love what He loves, and Jesus loves the church. Well, can't a man be a Christian without being a member of the church? Let me answer that question with another one......... Can a bee be a bee without a hive? Can a sailor be a sailor without a ship? Can a person be a parent without a family? We need one another. We were made for one another. Jesus didn't say, "I will build you a church" or "You will build My church." Instead, Jesus said, "I will build My church."


What is wrong with us? We need each other. Trust me when I say this. I thought I could do a lot on my own and have fallen flat on my face. We need battle buddies! We need a support group. If you don't have that at your church then maybe it's time to find another church. That is what church is supposed to be about. Now, understand that some churches have forgotten that and are all mixed up about their mission. But, there are still some out there that get it and if you look you can find them. If you can't find one come visit with me and you'll see what it is supposed to look like! Have a great evening and God bless!

No comments: