Thursday, September 20, 2012

I am just here for an oil change.........



Good Thursday everyone. Ok, really is it a good Thursday? I would guess for some, it is not. Why is it that sometimes everything is going great and all of the sudden pit vipers attack or flying monkey's with laser beams on their heads come out of nowhere? does anyone have a problem feeling spirit-filled when these things happen. do you want to break out an anti-aircraft gun and shoot the monkeys out of the sky? Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what God's Word might say to us......

Bible Verse: Acts 9:6 "...Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?"

Ok, here is the real deal, so many Christians want to be Spirit-filled, but do we ever ask "Why God should fill us with His Spirit? I am going to draw you a picture of a story with words. So, stay with me. Let's imagine I am pushing my truck into Jerry Duncan Ford service department. Yes, I said pushing. See, it has no battery in it. My truck has four flat tires, a bullet hole in the gas tank (don't ask), and half the dash is missing! The service manager walks out, looks at my truck that is in dis-repair, and says, "What can I do for you?"

I just look at him and say I am just here for an oil change. Here's what I think that the service manager would say? "What for?" And I think that would be the appropriate response. I really think God sometimes says, "What for?" to us. If you are going to do whatever you want to do and not My will. What for? What we need to do instead, is just sign the contract at the bottom and say, "Lord, You fill it in." You show and tell me what You want of me.

Why is this so hard? Why are we so prideful sometimes? Why do we hold on so tight to our will? Why can't we say, "Lord, It's all You. I am nothing but a empty vessel for You to use. Use me as You will." Let's be clay in the Potter's hands. Have a great and blessed day.

No comments: