Saturday, September 1, 2012

Do you have a fine pig??????




Good morning everyone! Well, It was a good start to watching football for this season. I think Tennessee has improved a lot since last year. I think the coolest part last night was my daughter coming in the TV room after everyone else was in bed. She came in and said "Dad, Would it be ok if I stayed up and watched football with you tonight?" I said "Sure, That would be cool!" Then the questions came, not during the commercials. She asked me every possible question you could think of about football and some that I was floored by her asking. Thank the good Lord for DVR. There was no way I was not going to take the time to teach this cool little girl all I know about football. That brings me to today's topic. Patience! Mine was tested last night. Let's see what the good stuff say's about the subject..........

Bible Verse: James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

Have you ever thought, what does God want out of me? He really wants you to experience the fullness of Christ. I know that might seem like a churchy answer but, I am being for real with you. The only way to really get this is through trials and tribulations. My problem is I am not a very patient person most of the time. So, can you be patient during this time? If we are honest. Like most people, we probably cant. We become like little kids who don't know the difference between "No" and "Not yet." If you say, "Wait a minute," to them that is, "No." They want it now. But God is interested in shaping, molding, and maturing you. Here is a quote for you, "Give to a pig when it grunts and give to a child when it cries, and you will have a fine pig and a bad child." Trials and tribulation brings patience, and patience makes us mature. I know, that is not what you wanted to hear this morning. So, what are you waiting for? What are you struggling with? Give it to the Lord. Trust in His timing and see what happens. I would dare say you will be happier for waiting. At least that what I have found. Have a great first day of September and God bless!



No comments: