Tuesday, August 28, 2012

True riches........



Happy Tuesday! Stop before reading any further and say "Today is going to be a good day!" Now, you must believe what you just said and get ready for your good day. Try smiling more today. It is really hard to be mad or sad with a smile on your face. I have no clue sometimes of Gods' plan or maybe what He is doing. But, I have to say through being hurt with a bulging disc in my back and all the doctors’ visits and physical therapy. I haven't been able to do what I normally do. I have had to slow way down. This has caused me to see what really matters. I am so incredibly blessed with an amazing wife and two of the coolest kids. I laid in bed last night and thought about my wife. She is so compassionate for others. So caring for those in need. It is like she has a neon sign over her head that says "Come tell me all your heart aches". She is truly amazing and I have realized that I don't tell her enough. Then, I these two knucklehead kiddo's. My daughter is almost 8 and she is blossoming into this beautiful but, sometimes delicate flower. She is in love with the Lord and learning about Him and that is so cool! Next, you have Luke or Bubba if your close to him. He loves to be all boy and pick on his sister. I saw something today that made my heart smile. I dropped him off at daycare and when he sat down to eat without being told to, he lowered his head and blessed his food. I almost forgot he was 3! I sat in my truck for a moment before pulling out and finally realized that all the "things" of the world will one day be gone. They will one day go up in flames. Will you just be left with ashes? What will you have left? Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God's Word says.........

Bible Verse: 1 John 2:17 "And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."

I have a simple question for you today. Do you want to know how rich you are without looking at your check book? Add up everything you own that money cannot buy, that death, disaster, or hardship cannot take away, and then you'll know just how rich you are. I know this is so hard for us to do because of what society has taught us. Now, what did you discover? Hopefully, you discovered that it's time you started laying up true riches. Because all the rest will burn away. I pray that we see things as they are and not how the world wants us to see them. If we are putting all of your labor in this world, it's like rearranging deck chairs on a sinking ship. We must take a step back and see what God wants of us and from us.

Matthew 6:19-21 says “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. So, where is your heart? Where is your treasure? I know I have some rearranging to do. Let's pray that God shows us what we need and don't need. Have a great and blessed day.

No comments: