Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tapping into the source.........


Good morning everyone. Boy what a week! We were blessed to see 7 young people accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and 5 young people re-commit their lives to the Lord. It is really hard to explain to people how the Holy Spirit was moving. What is awful is some people never experience this feeling. I don't understand why. Why they don't experience what the Holy Spirit can do in their lives. Why aren't we all tapping into the source? I don't know about you but, I want more! Do you? Here is one reason maybe we aren't seeing anything happening. Who knows? Well, God brought me to this scripture so I am going to share it. Let's dig into the good stuff.......

Bible Verse: John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

 I have a tree in my back yard that one year didn't grow one leaf. Really, it didn't have one leaf on it all year. I thought is was dead and talked to a tree company. The guy that came out said "This tree is not dead, it is just not getting what it needs to grow. We had many things happen that year. Not a lot of rain and a frost after the buds bloomed. So, we didn't cut it down. We gave it some love and the next year it was as green as ever with tons of leaves!

Check this out! You'll never see a fruit factory. Now, you'll see factories for making clothing, cars, and computers, but not a fruit factory. Instead fruit is grown in an orchard. It is dependent upon life.

There is no fruit without life. The only way that fruit is going to ripen and grow is in the right climate and with the right nutrients. Just like we can't grow bananas in Alaska, we can't grow and produce the fruit of the Spirit unless we're in the place where the Spirit can produce His fruit in us. And that place is walking and abiding in the Spirit. So many times we walk and the Spirit is nowhere to be found. We all do it at times. We just need to be real with ourselves. Whatever we do in our power will come back void. Whatever is done in the spirit will be blessed! Can you do me  favor? Read Galatians 5:22-25 today and ask God to help you seek to be in the Spirit to produce the fruit He desires in your life. Not what you desire. but what He desires. Thank you for your time and have a bless day! 




No comments: