Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Like some hot coals??????





Good Wednesday friends. I was looking on Facebook last night and saw so many people upset or mad at other people. Heck, let's be real I am sure we are all mad, upset, sore at, or maybe disappointed with someone we know. So, my question for us is "What do we do?" I know I can quote some scripture to you and you may say "Tony, you don't know what I am going through" or "I don't know how to forgive this person" maybe even "They don't deserve my forgiveness". We have all been hurt. It is how we handle it that shows who we are. Our first reaction is to lash out or confront. James 1:19 says "My dearly loved brothers, understand this: Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger." This is easy to quote but, sometimes hard to live. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what else Gods' word shows us.......
 
Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
 
Kindness has a way of doing more damage to someone that has wronged you. If you shower them with true kindness it will be like heaping coals on their heads. We must be different than the world. We must show love and kindness and not anger and rage. I have noticed this week that I am on edge. Heck, I have been downright moody! For real! I know if I can see it then everyone should be able to. So, I must step back and examine. I must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. Can't just speak it or write it. Must live it! I would dare say that this is not just for me today. Let's be Not Of This World (NOTW). Live different and be different. I pray you have a blessed day today.

No comments: