Saturday, August 25, 2012

Are you in FOCUS??????


Good Saturday everyone! One more week until Tennessee football cranks up. I am excited but, worry for some of these young men. See, God has given them talents and abilities and they are using them. Then, all of the sudden the world starts getting more attractive. Next thing you know they have their eyes off football and on things that will cause them trouble. They lose focus of one thing to take a better look at all the stuff the world throws at us. Guess what? Sometimes they get so focused on the world and what it says is fun that they end up losing something they love, football! This may not make since to you but, I want us to dig into some of the good stuff and see what God wants us to see and to focus on........

Bible Verse: Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

So many people are seekers their whole lives. They go from one to another seeking what makes them happy or what makes them feel good! Do you know what the problem with many of us is? Our faith is something we try to attach to our lives. Let's look at what Jesus said in Matthew 6:24, "No man can serve two masters...". The question to you today is "Do you believe that?" We need to have just one goal in your life, and that is to know Jesus Christ personally, powerfully, and passionately. Everything else will flow out of that. Have you ever been around someone who is really like this?

Alright, I know what you’re saying, "Hold up a bit Tony. I've got other things to do! I've got a job. I've got to rest. I've got to have my chillin' time. I have to have my hunting time. We have travelling ball. I've got to have friends. I have too much going on. I can't just narrow my interests to one." I know you are thinking right now that I am crazy but, when you bring your life into a burning focus, a focus on Jesus Christ. Now here is the cool part! All of these other things will contribute to the main thing. A Christ centered life! So here it comes. What is the burning focus of your life? Let's make it Jesus, and sit back and watch how he gives us so much more! Have a great and blessed day.

 

No comments: