Thursday, August 30, 2012

Are we listening?????


Good Thursday everyone! Well, I tried to talk my kiddo's out of going to Awana last night. I wanted to see where their hearts were. I wanted to see if it was a priority or would bother their conscience. They both got real upset when I said "Let's stay home tonight and not go to Awana." They both about started a mutiny at "The Ruff House". So, we loaded up and headed to Awana. Got there and the kids ran right in and checked themselves in. It tickles me to see my oldest, Joslyn love God and gathering with her friends at church. Luke is just there for the food! Lol, just kidding. He is learning his Bible scriptures and is excited to go back the next week. This whole subject has brought me to focus on my conscience. Not just my conscience but, the conscience. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what God can show us for today.......

Bible Verse: Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

Ok, after David had sinned and done the terrible thing that he had done by committing adultery, he said in Psalm 51:3, "For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." Can you imagine what it would be like for your sin to "ever" be before you? The deed would never leave your consciousness. It would always be on your mind. Check this out, the conscience is an inner judge that God puts in us that either accuses or excuses us. Here's the thing, it cannot make us do right, but it shows us what is right or what is wrong. And when our conscience is right, we have tremendous freedom. A good conscience will do something for us that a sleeping pill could never do. As I write this, there are a few things that God has brought to my mind that my conscience has been dealing with me about. Things I need to make right. Am I the only one?  What is your conscience "telling" you this morning? Are you listening? Are you right with God? Let's strive to have a clean heart and a clear conscience. Have a great and blessed day! 

No comments: