Saturday, August 4, 2012

Confidence in the Lord??????


Good Saturday everyone! How is your walk going with God? How is your life going? I have to tell you that there have been times in the last few years, heck really this year too. That things have been upside down. Kind of felt like they were falling apart. Have you ever felt like this? I mean I kind of felt like chicken little and I wasn't just saying "The sky is falling" it real looked like it was. Really I think it might have been! See, I am a fixer. Well, I like to think I am. I think I can fix anything. I think I can fix any problem. Do you hear those words "I"? I wasn't leaning on the Lord. I wasn't trusting in Him. That brings me to today's verse. How about we dig into the good stuff and see what Gods' Word shows us...........

Bible Verse: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

I must say that I tell people to trust in the Lord with all their hearts all the time. Then when I see myself not doing that, it’s kind of like a gut punch. I felt or feel like a hypocrite. I guess it got me asking myself some questions. Examining myself. Do I have confidence in the Lord? Or, Do I think that I have to fix things? Hey guy's, this is the real deal. I don't think I am the only one that struggles with this. Why am I not confident that the Lord will show up and show out in certain things. I think He will be there in other things but, don't give Him a chance in certain ones. The bottom line is this! There must be complete confidence in the Lord to take care of us because this complete confidence will lead to constant compliance and obedience. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us we are to trust with all our heart (not just part of it), and we're to acknowledge Him in all our ways (not just some of our ways).

God want's all of our lives. You can't say, "Lord, I want Your will in my social life, but I don't want Your will in my work life."  Or, "I want Your will in my church life, but I don't want Your will in my relationships." You just can't do that. If He's worth part of it. He's worth all of it. This is so hard to do isn't it? You have probably been told your whole life that if you want something then you have to go out there and get it. I believe in working hard but, we also need to let God guide what we are seeking. Let's Him sort through some of our problems. Let Him be at the center of every decision and watch how or decision making skills change. Wow, did I just say that? Yes, I did! Now, I have to live it!

My question for you today is. What are you holding onto today? Give it all to Jesus. Obedience will bring incredible blessing. Let's the Lord be part of decision making in our lives. Really, let Him be the center of our decision making. I pray you have a great weekend and God bless.



No comments: