Monday, June 11, 2012

Who are you?????

Good morning everyone! We had an amazing time at the "ONE" Youth Rally yesterday. The games, praise & worship, and preaching were awesome! Satan really tried to stop this rally more than any of them that we have done. I could name off issue after issue of things that happened prior to the rally. But, a lot of prayer and faith prevailed. Everyone thought it would get rained out. Didn't rain a drop on us! The faith of a mustard seed. It was just a great night. But, today I would like to talk about something totally different. Have you ever thought about your testimony? Your footprint your leaving? Who you really are? let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what Gods' Word says....

Bible Verse: 1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So, the question is "Who are you?" I'm not asking how you described yourself in your Facebook profile. I mean, who are you really? Could I figure it out from looking closely at how you live your life? Does it change often? Can it be swayed one way or another by people or circumstances like a horse is by the bit in his mouth? Lately, the world has been throwing firery darts at my life and I have allowed it to effect who I am a little. All I have to say is "Shame on me!" I know who I am and what God has and is doing in my life. And that it what brings me to today's verse. A little before today's verse, Peter has just finished describing our salvation. How God brought it about and how it has changed our future with Him forever. We have been shown the mystery of Jesus. We have believed and become children of God. So, what now? What next? Is there a text book on life?

Check this out, this is what Peter tells us. He tells us to "become who we are." Start with this very streamline verse. First, Prepare your mind for action. Unplug from anything that makes it hard for you to think and focus on God's Word and His will for you. Second, Be self-controlled. Exercise the power of "no" so that you can say "yes" to the best things. And last, Set your hope on grace. Stop living for dead end pleasures, possessions, or statuses. Live for the heaven you could never earn. The heaven you belong in because you are God's child through faith in Jesus.

Through all the junk lately, I had to ask myself "Is my mind prepared for whatever God has in store for me? Am I controlling my desires or visa-versa? What am I most hopeful for today? I had to stop and ask God to help me have a mind prepared for action, self-control, and my hope set fully on His grace. It ain't easy, but so necessary. I pray you are having a great day and God bless.

No comments: