Friday, June 1, 2012

Let's help write this book........

Good Friday everyone! Are you ready for the weekend? Are you prepared? I got to thinking about how prepared I was for Jesus coming back and if I was ready. I guess I would have to say "Yup, I am good to go. My wife, daughter, and son will join me in Heaven." Well, that got me to thinking about how Jesus will come back. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what Gods' Word shows us... 

Bible Verse: Acts 1:10-11 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,  who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Jesus is going to come back the same way he left. He will return bodily and visably! How cool will that be? I was thinking about the disciples and almost feel bad for them. They're always playing catch up to whatever Jesus is talking about or doing, right up to the very end. He tells them not to leave Jerusalem. He says the Holy Spirit will come on them and give them power. He says they will be His witnesses everywhere. Guess what? That command is for you and I too! When we accept Jesus as our Savior, the Holy Spirit comes on us and gives us power. We are also to be His witness unto all the world!

Check this out, then He flies up into a cloud! Then some angels show up and say, "Why are you looking at that cloud?" I can imagine the disciples looking dumb founded and saying "Because Jesus just disappeared into it, that's why!" Now, what's cool is that Jesus knew they would need more answers. So He sent these two angels to fill in the gaps. To let them know He was gone to heaven. And to let them know He's coming back in the same way someday. To let them know the story isn't over, yet. Maybe, we should remember that. The story is not over. The book is still being written. Are you contributing to the story or hindering it?

You might be saying "What can I do? What do I do now? This is an easy one. Let the Holy Spirit allow you to be Jesus' witness in this world. And prepare, waiting for Jesus to come back and make everything right once and for all. If you knew Jesus was coming back in 30 days. What would you do different? How would you change the way you were living? Now, I want to ask you "Why not live that way all the time, as if Jesus was coming back in 30 days?" If we did our lives would change drastically. Read on in Acts for a wild and amazing story of the early day of the Christian church. I pray you have a great day and God bless!

No comments: