Friday, June 22, 2012

Just do it!!!!!

Good morning everyone! Are you having a good Friday so far? Are you ready for the weekend? This week has been a very busy one and a very trying one. I have been in prayer all week about my mission trip to Africa. God is doing some crazy things lately. Opening doors and bringing people into my life that have great needs. I have prayed for God to show me what He wanted from me and He has turned the spotlight for me to see. Help those that need help. Go to those you do not know. Feed those who need fed. Clothe those who need clothes. "Just go, Tony!" That brings me to digging into some of the good stuff. Let's check it out.....

Bible Verse: Colossians 2:1 For I want you to know how great a struggle I have on your behalf and for those who are at Laodicea, and for all those who have not personally seen my face,

We're Haloing (A type of parachuting, high altitude low opening) into the middle of Paul's letter to the Christians in this town called Colosse. Check this out, he'd never been there. The church was planted by someone else. But Paul cared deeply about these people. Kind of weird. Caring about people he never met. So, why? Why is Paul struggling, sweating, even risking his life to deliver his message to people he's never seen, people whose stories he doesn't know? People that don't know him. Because that was his job, given by God. And because they need it.

Why does a Navy Seal go into combat for strangers back home? Why does the air traffic control guy work so hard to land those planes in the right order? Why does a cop put his life on the line for others? Why does the nurse show such compassion for someone she's never met? They've decided their mission in life is to meet the needs of others, of strangers, by providing something needed, something essential. It was Paul's job and our need to hear his message he's trying to give us.

Let's get real for a bit. Do you provide for the needs of strangers in any way? Why? Do any strangers provide for your needs? Would you even help a stranger. Have you? I know God has called me to go to Africa and help people that I have never met. Help feed them, love them, and give them the best news they could ever hear. The news about Jesus Christ and the cross. it is time we get off our butts and go, and be the church. Help the helpless, feed the hungry, provide shelter for the shelter less, love the abandoned. We must be the church! Not just say we are! Just do it! Have a great day and God bless!




No comments: