Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Tongue.........

Good morning guys and gals! I hope everyone is well. My wife is feeling really bad. She has double ear infections, a sinus infection, and the creepy crude I think. She went to bed at 7 o'clock last night. Please lift her up in your prayers for me. She is a real trooper and doesn't do down very often. Thanks in advance for your prayers. I want to talk about something I've been dealing with pretty hard this week. The topic is probably a problem for everyone. I know sometimes my mouth gets me in trouble.

Bible verse: James 3:5-6 (James teaches about Christian behavior) Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, A world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

In verse 9 James says "with the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men. Who have been made in God's likeness.

Our words can damage far more than we probably believe. Once we unleash a hateful or destructive word, it is gone and can't be recalled. Like fiery arrows from our mouths. When we say words out of anger, we may ask for forgiveness and may even be forgiven. But, the scar of the words will remain. A couple words spoken can destroy a friendship that took years to build. Words are like the flames of a fire, we can't stop nor can we take back the damage that they can cause. Now, I must say that we can't expect people to understand this if they aren't Christians. They will unleash nasty and hurtful words at will and as Christians we should bridle our tongues and not shoot those arrows back.

Solomon wrote in Proverbs 11:9 With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape. I believe our mouth is one of our most dangerous weapons, but it can also be a great tool. It can destroy or it can build up. It is so much easier to destroy than to build someone up. Why is that? Is it pride? Can we not help build someone up? When was the last time you helped build someone up? When was the last time you said something to someone that torn them down? Our words can make a difference in life. We just have to let God guide our minds and our mouths. We should strive to be difference makers for our Lord. We should stand strong and be lighthouses. Lighthouses, so others can see God through us. Man, don't I know that's hard sometimes. When people say stuff to ya and it is hurtful but, be like water on a ducks back! Let it roll of your back. I pray you have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

Food for thought: If you don't humble, you stumble.....

No comments: