Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bundle of Dynamite.............

What's up guys and gals? Had a good night last night. I went to sit in on our youth initiated/youth led Bible study. My plan was to just stop in for about 30 minutes and come back home. But, these kids started asking me questions about the Bible and were so hungry for God's Word. I shared with them and them got to meet two of the new youth's parents. A good night but, a long one. Today is a big day. We have Fields of Faith tonight at Wartburg High School Football Field. They are expecting 300-500 youth tonight. The Lord has made a way for me to preach it and our own 5mm Youth Praise Band to lift the Lord up in song. Please pray for all who attend and that God's will be done during this event. I want to go back to the Bible study last night. I saw so much hurting and how the enemy was attacking in some of these young peoples lives. Why is there is so much happening all around us. So much evil, so much hurting. But, I have good news. We do have hope and that hope is Jesus Christ. So with that, let's dig into some of the good stuff.

Bible verse: John 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to Myself".

I told these youth last night about the ruler of the world we are in. He is our enemy, he is the devil, he is Satan. An angel that so rebelled against God, that God cast him out of heaven. Well, the devil took up his residence here on good ole' earth. How lucky are we? The devil tempted Eve in the garden, tempted Jesus in the wilderness, and has been tempting us for a very long time. He tempts me all the time. Satan is very powerful. But, we can have victory over him. That victory is in Jesus Christ. Jesus is so much more powerful than Satan. We must draw to Him when we are tempted. I look around and see man, man is afraid of what he knows. Our wits have got ahead of our hearts. We are facing so many things that we have no answers for. Let's look at a few AIDS, all the irregular weather, famine all over the world, the apparent tinderbox or a bundle of dynamite in the Middle East, and all the evil around us. I have heard people say "What is the world coming to"? We don't have to just throw our hands up and give up. We should think about it this way. It's not what is this world coming to but, maybe "Who should this world be coming to"? We should be preparing to meet Jesus Christ. Folks, Jesus is coming back whether some people might want Him to or not. Are you ready? Have you done anything to help others get ready? Our youth and church have an outreach program as do a lot of church's. Go and get involved. Reach out to someone who doesn't know Jesus as their Savior. Tell them about some great news. Thanks for allowing me to share my heart with you. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: