Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Judgement Seat.........

Hello friends! Well, the week is almost over. I am totally ready for a few days off. I have been studying 2 Chronicles 34 about King Josiah and I was wondering what legacy I will leave behind when I go to heaven. What will God say I have done with my life? That took me to another verse and I want us to dig into the good stuff and look at it today........

Bible verse: 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

I know this is not what you want to hear this morning but, each of us are accountable to Christ, not to others. Many of us Christians base our moral judgments on our opinion or our personal dislikes, instead of on Gods' Word. Sometimes we judge others and totally forget that God has a purpose for everything and that God is powerful enough to guide his children.

When we are standing in front of Christ at the judgment seat, I don't think we will be worried about what our friends have done or what someone in our church has done. Or I hope not! How many of us will say "I wish I would have done....."?

In Romans 14:12 Paul writes "So then each of us shall give account of himself to God". I can only imagine standing before Christ and Him saying to me "Tony, let's take a look at your life, your works, and your obedience". Does that not scare you? When we were young did we not do extra chores or do our best at school to make our parents proud? Do we do the same for Christ? If we do, then why are we doing these things or works?

In 1 Corinthians 3:12 it talks about revealing our works by fire. Are our works for Christ built of a solid foundation. A foundation of gold ,silver, or precious stone or are they built on wood, hay, or straw. Why do we do the work for Christ that we do? Are we doing anything for him? Do we feel that we do enough? If we know that we should do more and just choose not to. What is that saying to God?

If we know that God wants is to go and witness and we just don't do it, what does that say? All sorts of things happen to me to test my faith and my works. Sometimes I feel like I am standing in waist deep mud and it is a hard slow process to get out. You have to keep pushing through it. You can't just stop and give up. I think Christianity is sometimes like that. It is extremely hard at times to be a Christian at times. Our walk in this life is not always going to be paved with roses. But, if we could just keep our eyes toward God and think about eternity in heaven. I believe we would act and do things a lot different.

In Matthew 16:27 Jesus tell his disciples, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. I think Christ is not only going to judge us at the final judgment. I think He is already judging us in our lives. I believe Christ will look at how we have handled gifts, or maybe opportunities, or possibly responsibilities. I believe once He has the total picture, then He will determine our heavenly rewards will be. How few or many will our heavenly rewards be? What is our conscience telling us? Just a thought. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!!!

No comments: