Monday, October 4, 2010

The greatest event..........

Hello everyone! Boy, Did I have a super weekend! Whoot....whoot! It was amazing! Our 4th annual Potter's House Pig Roast was a success. My hat goes off to all the workers that put in numerous hours scratch that DAYS in preparation for the event. It was all worth it! We saw many come to know Jesus as their Savior and many other decisions made for Him! I believe we had over 750 that came to the event. The speakers did an awesome job too! Misty and I got a true blessing this weekend. Our daughter Joslyn asked Jesus into her heart Saturday night! And on top of that God blessed me even more with allowing me to baptize my daughter. How cool is that! Angels singing in heaven. She was called and chosen, and was faithful to respond to what she felt in her heart. How many of us don't respond when we feel that tug? Let's look at the good stuff and dig in.........

Bible Verse: Revelation 17:14 "...and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

I was reading something and have to share it with you.When Jesus comes back and He is going to. It is going to be the greatest event of all of the ages. It is one of the biggest truths taught in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Being born again or new birth is vitally important, but it is mentioned only nine times in the New Testament. Baptism is vitally important, but it is mentioned only 20 times in the New Testament. Repentance is mentioned only 70 times in the Bible, as important and needful as that is. But the return of the Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned in God's Word at least 380 times. One out of every 25 verses points to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. For me, I am ready to go. I know my family will be joining me. I continue to get ready. I know you might be saying to yourself how do I continue to get ready? Just because you are born again doesn't give you a pass. God's Word say He that begun a good work in you will continue until He comes again. We are the only ones that can get in the way. Maybe being to busy with the world! How are you getting ready for His Second Coming? What if He came this very hour? Is their anyone that you would say " I wish I would have talk to so-in-so about Jesus?" Or maybe I wish I would have done more by getting involved in my church. Heck, maybe "I wish I would have went to church more" Are you ready? Or, do you still have some work to do? It is time we get in the game! Game on baby!!! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!!!

No comments: