Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Out of focus???????

Good morning to my peeps! I hope everyone's week has started off great. As for my house, Misty and I are struggling with this congestion and coughing thing. As I told you yesterday, we talked about faith at youth on Sunday night. I want to talk a little more about it today. Guy's, this is the basis of everything for us. Without it who are we? Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it says about the subject.......

Bible Verse: Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Do you want me to tell you what the problem with many of us is? Our faith is something tacked onto our lives. We put it on top of everything else. We want to have it and a large portion do. But, we put it on top of all the other stuff in our lives. Jesus said, "No man can serve two masters..." (Matthew 6:24). How true is that? Do you believe it? You are to have but one mission in your life, and that is to know Jesus personally, powerfully, passionately! Everything else will flow out of that. I know what you are saying right now, "But wait a minute Tony. I've got a lot of other things to do! I've got a job. I've got to rest. I've got my boat. I've got my kids softball travelling team. I've got to have friends. I have to have a life. I deserve one. I work hard. I can't just narrow my interests to one." When you bring your life into a true focus, all of these other things will work toward the main thing. What are you saying Tony? Well, if you focus on God a lot of the other thing might just actually improve. Now, God might show you that you don't need some of them and he might even give you more time with others. God is not in the punishing business. He is and wants to be in the blessing business. It is our choice. Where is our focus? Are we in focus or are we way out of focus? It's time we do some adjusting. Having a great day, I love you, and God bless!



1 comment:

The one without A friend but the Lord Jesus Christ said...

You are absolutly right and now all we need to do is believe in God and his word to be what we can be and no more. The Lord thy God has gave us a life in which if we cant live it in his eyes then who are we to ask questions? Nothing, no-one? No we are the Lords children and hes always there for us no matter what we have done or will do. He just would like for us to be his messengers and that we can be only if we can believe in what we see. Even if its out of focus we can believe God will let us see what he wants us to see. God is with both, You and me. I love you and God only knows why. You opened my eyes again and now I can see what I should have seen ten years ago myself. I think he did have plans for you in law-enforcement. It was to save me, and he knew you would stay on me til I did what he wanted me to do and that was stay off the d----, be a good mom and take care of myself, my kids, and any others that may need help.He knew I was worthy of a second chance. So yes it was in your cards to be a police officer, I look in my rear view mirror and look to see if Mr. Ruff is behind me, even today. So you did open my eyes and even thought it didnt happen right away it did happen. Im awake and now Im ready to take action and save someone from themselves. Like you did for me. So thanks God for putting Tony Ruff in my way , because I do believe he saved my life when I thought my life was over. I love you Tony, my brother, my friend. my mentor. my way to God again.Thank you so much. Only God can repay my dept to you for saving me, for my kids. Thanks so much Tony. With love, Stacey Adkisson