Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Keep on trucking.......

Good morning friends and neighbors. I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday so far. I have to tell ya one of the youth lost her dog last night and is taking it really hard. Three words to ya if you read this, KEEP ON TRUCKING! You are an awesome young lady for the Lord and I know He has some great stuff planned for you. Alright, we only have two more day until the Potter's House Pig Roast and Fellowship Weekend starts! I am so stoked. Yes, I said stoked. It is a surfer word meaning excited. Man, I totally have to talk to you about our burdens. Jesus says to cast our burdens on Him but, I think that there are some that we should hold on to. We should hold onto our burden for the lost. Wait, I guess I have to ask ya. Do you have a burden for the lost? Do you ever shed a tear for the lost? Maybe just a lost family member. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what it say's about the subject........

Bible verse: Psalm 126: 6 He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him.

Does this scripture make sense to you? Are you thinking in terms of a garden? Is God telling us to cry all the time? Well, in a certain way He is. When you have a burden for something so strong does it not make you emotional? It should. That is the way God wants us to be about us doing good and telling others about Jesus. Planting seeds. When we are burdened by sorrow for the lost and hurting all around us, this should bring tears to our eyes. Even us tough guys, or so we think we are.

Do you know that my time in the mornings writing and working on these devotionals is probably my best quiet time. I used to think I was doing them for others. Well, I found out that I am really doing them for myself. I hope that they might help you but, this is my quiet time with God, my weeding time. Do you have quit time in the morning? Weeding your garden. When you have your quiet time alone. At that time you are in a sense weeding your own garden, the garden of your mind. Now, that is very important, so that the we can take in the Word and let it come out of our mouthes to others. Planting seeds. Alright, we go and plant the seed, telling others of our Lord and Savior and that He is available for all. After that we must cultivate this garden. We must water it, sometimes with our tears of burden for these people who are lost and don't have a clue where they are headed without this man named Jesus. We must weed it, cultivate it, and get it ready for His harvest. In Galatians 6:9 Paul writes "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. We should keep on trucking even when things are not going well. We should keep our eyes on God and He will guide us to those who need us. We have to take the blinders off to see those around us. If you are close to me, you know that I have a great burden for the men that I am surrounded by at church, work, and even my close friends. God has so many blessings for all of us. All we have to do is love Him and obey Him. Look around folks! You are standing in the middle of your garden right now. Are you going to cultivate it or maybe wait till the harvest comes? We have work to do, let's not waste anymore time. Let's love one another with Christ's love. If you ask God's to put you to work in His fields. He will. Ask Him to help you to be daring and fearless yet, compassionate to share His Word. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!

No comments: