Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just say "No" to Kryptonite!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone! Man, I am ready for this weekend. We are having our annual Potter's House Pig Roast and Fellowship weekend starting on Friday night and going through Sunday with a youth revival on Sunday night at 5pm. I hope you can come and join us for some great food, fun, and fellowship. Well, today I want to brag on a group of soul warriors. A group from our church of people from our singles ministry and our college and career ministry went down to the Kingston park Sunday before last to evangelize. They cooked hot dogs and hamburgers and gave out drinks to everyone they could. They made a promise to not let one person pass by without talking to them. I don't know about you but that is boldness. Could you do it? I have no doubt the devil went into overtime to put fear and anxiety in their hearts. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and the rest of the story will be at the end. Stay tuned.........Read on............

Bible Verse: Psalm 25:2 "O my God, I trust in Thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."

Have you ever notices that we can talk about God at church really easy but, when we get out into the world it is like we have kryptonite around our necks. It is like our mouthes are full of marbles. Really why is it so different? Have you ever noticed that some people get a little embarrassed in a restaurant if you bow your head and mention Jesus as you ask His blessing? Now, it is not as bad here in the good ole' Bible belt. But, people still squirm in their seats a little. I do something and you should try it. Before I bless the food I try to ask the waitress if there is anything I can pray for her about. You will be very surprised at what you will hear sometimes. It might just be what that person needed that day. They others will just rub their eyebrows or forehead when you pray. Have you ever asked yourself why some of them are ashamed?

I think it is because they don't know what they're missing in Jesus. They don't know how cool Jesus is! They don't know how cool He make us! Cause guess what? This salvation thing......is a wonderful gift. God sent His Son to die for us! He rose from the grave for us! He ascended into heaven for us! And the best part is........He's coming again for us! How can we be ashamed of this? Do me a favor next time you go to a restaurant, let your prayer of blessing turn into an witnessing opportunity with your unsaved friend. Ok, let me finish the story about the Kingston Park. This group of fearless people....Not, they were scared out of their gourds but, they didn't let it stop them. They were not ashamed. Witnessed to everyone they came in contact with and God allowed them to pray with three people to accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Yeah God!!! He deserves all the glory and I want to give a shout out to those that were not ashamed to share His Word! God and the angels in heaven are super happy! Great job. Folks, let's not ever be ashamed of what Jesus did for us and be willing and ready to share at all times. Have a great day, I love you, and God bless!!

No comments: