Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Come as you are........




Hello everyone. I had a great day yesterday. We took a bunch of youth to a house in town and helped a disabled woman clean up her property. We mowed, weed-eated, trimmed, and got the waist high yard looking a lot better. It was awesome to see the youth share the love of Jesus by serving others. When I knocked on the woman door to talk to her about helping her with her yard. I told her that we were there to mow and clean up her yard and she said that she was on a fixed income and didn't have any money to pay us. I smiled and told her we didn't need any money and that we were just there to lend her a hand free of change. That kind of wraps up this thing grace too! Getting something you don't deserve or did earn. Let's dig into some of the good stuff and see what it shows us.

Bible Verse: Ephesians 1:6 "To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Last night after I got home from the yard work I had to go sit down with a youth and their family. They were going through a lot and had made some really bad choices lately. Well, we worked through what we could last night and made a game plan for the future. Then the real subject come up......Salvation! After some tears and explanation. The youth admitted that they did not know Jesus as their Savior. They had been involved in church and knew all the right answers. But, when I asked them about having that assurance. They did not have it. I have to ask you, do you have a "know-so" salvation? What I mean is, do you know that you are saved and have the assurance that if you died today, you'd spend eternity in heaven?

So many people don't have that assurance, and in some cases it is not a spiritual problem. It is a psychological problem. They cannot accept the fact that God has accepted them or they have seen so many Christians act like knuckleheads. Sometimes they even think that they are so messed up that God can't forgive them. These are all lies born in the pit of hell. If you have never heard the song "Just as I am" here are the lyrics. Please read them and realize that God's arms are open and He wants you just as you are. He just wants you to come warts and all!

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Hath broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
 
Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
Here for a season, then above,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

You are accepted just as you are. It is all about grace. Have a great day and God bless.

No comments: