Saturday, May 19, 2012

Never give up!!!!!!


Hello friends! Went to one graduation last night and I have another this morning. We have 9 youth graduating high school this year. Always a happy yet sad time for me. Happy to see them finish school and sad because I know they will be leaving me at the end of the summer. I guess it is maybe a little like your child graduating and leaving home. So many of these youth have been with me for the last four years and have become part of my family. I am so proud of them and can't wait to see the spread their wings and fly. Let's dig into the good stuff and see what God has in store for them.......

Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you” this is the Lord’s declaration “plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Here’s a great poem called “Never Give Up”, by Charlie Remiggio:

Never give up
Never lose hope.

Always have faith,
It allows you to cope.

Trying times will pass,
As they always do.

Just have patience,
Your dreams will come true.

So put on a smile,
You’ll live through your pain,

Know it will pass,
And strength you will gain.

So many people tell us that we can’t do something. There are negative people in this world. Sometimes they are even the parents that raise us. Never think you’re not smart enough, never think beautiful enough, never think you’re not tall enough, never think you’re not cut out for something! The sky is the limit for you. You just have to believe it. Inspire to be something great. Aim for the moon! Even if you miss the moon, you still land among the stars. Set your mind on something and go forth young grasshopper.

If I could give you one line to live by it would be this. Never, I mean never sell yourself short or think you’re not good enough. God made you just the way you are and you are special! His plans for you are plans to prosper. Don't get in your own way. Have the faith of a mustard seed (which is pretty small) and you can move mountains!!!! Get your diploma, take a deep breath, and say "Here I am world and here I come!" Graduating seniors know this, we are very, very proud of each and every one of you! Have a great weekend and God bless!!!!

No comments: