Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A worm on hot pavement..........


Good morning friends and neighbors! I hope today's devotion finds you having a good week so far. Had a super busy day yesterday but, got to have some meetings with some amazing people. If you have not heard of the "ONE" Youth Rallies that we came together to start last year and have a teenager in the area, you are missing out. God has brought together an amazing group of youth pastors and leaders to make these rallies happen. It is awesome to see God demolishing walls that have been built between so many churches. As Christians, we are all on the same team. And if we seek Him with all of our hearts. We can't help but realize that it wasn't Gods plan to have a gazzilion churches on every corner. Don't you think if we could come together that we could accomplish so much more???? Let's dig into some of God's good stuff and see what it shows us today........
Bible Verse: Psalm 119:2 "Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart."
A lot of people feel that if they become a Christian that that would have to live a boring life. I have heard people say that they will get involved in church after their partying years. They will get to know Jesus when they settle down. For some reason people think that if you lived according to God's laws, you were going to miss out? Hey, I was there. I got that t-shirt too! Truth is, if you don't live according to God's laws you're going to miss out! I really think I have had more meaningful fun since I got to know God and start living in His Word. Did you read that word "meaningful?" I have fun that I can actually remember. I have fun that I'm not be ashamed to tell my kids about later. Please hear this, God's laws are for your welfare. They are to help you, not hurt you.
God is not a tyrant in heaven with a big magnifying glass and us being the ants He not in heaven making a bunch of laws to make us squirm like a worms on hot pavement as we try to keep those laws. God loves us. When God says "Thou shalt not," what he's saying is, "Don't hurt yourself." And when He says, "Thou shalt," God's saying, "Get you some of this happiness." If you don't know this or have never heard this.........God has something so amazingly wonderful for you. You just have to seek Him to find it. Have a great day and God bless!


No comments: