Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Soldier Up......

Hello friends! Well, I just got home from work and am trying to get my devotion done before I crash. I was asked by a good friend of mine last week to go see a national geographic documentary about the war in Afghanistan. The name of the movie was "Restrpeo" and it is playing only at Downtown West in Knoxville. Well, I was thinking the soldiers were taking orders from their commanding officer. They didn't know the whole plan of the battle or what was ahead at times but, their commanding officer did. That brings me to digging into some of the good stuff today!

Bible Verse: Psalms 18:39 For You have armed me with strength for battle: You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.

Listen, Jesus found it necessary to have defined and sometimes long periods of fellowship or time alone with His Father. Who could be busier than Jesus? His day was filled from morning to night, speaking to crowds, healing, traveling and training His boy's (The Disciples). Yet He found it necessary and very important to have time alone with God...

I know you have heard people say the Christian life is compared to a soldier in battle. He is out on the front lines but is connected with his commanding officer by radio. He calls and tells of the conditions, problems, and what he is he is facing. Then his commanding officer, who from his vantage point can see the entire battle area and has the battle plan relays instructions. The same way we Christian's share our joys and sorrows, our victories and defeats, and our needs, as God instructs and guides us through His Word.

It is our heavenly Father who directs our battle of life. He knows the steps we should take. We must take the time to go to Him for guidance." We must be humble and willing to listen. If we go it alone or without orders. We might just fall flat on our faces. So, let's be good soldier's and solider up! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: