Thursday, August 19, 2010

"The Gates"...........

Good morning everyone! A day off.....Hopefully, I get caught up on some much needed studying and house work. I have a good question for ya. What is up with all the craze about vampires and werewolves? Have you seen "The Gates"? Let's talk about this subject for a bit and dig into the good stuff.

Bible Verse: Matthew 16:13-18 When Jesus came into the region of Caeserea, Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

This is the view of "The Gates" It is Nestled inside a private mountain community. It kind of shows the image of suburban bliss, each street is lined with perfectly manicured homes protected by the massive iron gates, but there is a dark and delicious secret that is buried just beneath the surface of this "perfect" neighborhood.

So, what is the secret behind The Gates? There are vampires and werewolves...where could they get an original idea like that??? And there are other creatures too! And based on what I've seen so far, this shows title probably should have been Desperate House Witches at Twilight .

Aannnnywaaayyy... The Gates is really an interesting journey into the 'things are not what they seem' category, and I'm sure most of us can relate to the theory that behind those big fences of the super-rich gated communities are beastly creatures and unruly behavior like people that let their grass grow too long or leave their massive boats parked in front of their McMansions.

I can definitely see why there is an interest in The Gates and Twilight not only for people who can't get enough fang and fur fixes during the week, but also for those interested in drama and battles in the supernatural.

Personally, I don't need a television series for that, because I live it every day. No, I'm not surrounded by vampires and werewolves. But there are very real and very dangerous conditions that exist just beyond my ability to physically see. But I witness the results every day. I may not live in The Gates, but I am fighting against 'the gates'. Which is why things in my life and yours are definitely not what they seem.

Do not misunderstand this devotion. We are at war with the devil and his army of demons. Don't be afraid to draw the line in the sand. Realize that you are at war with an unseen enemy sometimes. Stand on The Rock and the enemy will not prevail against you. That is a promise from Jesus Himself. Armor up! Have a great day, I love you, and God bless.

No comments: